Stump removal can be challenging, but there are many available professional solutions as well as home remedies for how to remove a tree stump. Cutting down trees in your yard is one of the best ways to increase natural light and make room for other new growing plants.
After cutting any tree, there is always a stump that is left, and it can really be irritating. By leaving it, the stump can start growing again with some new annoying roots, and it can take ages to decompose. But the good news is that there are different ways that you can use to get rid of stumps. You can decide to use home remedies or even implement other techniques.
Rock salt plays an important part in decaying and killing a stump with less effort. In order to use rock salt, there are some steps that you need to follow closely.
- Ensure you drill small holes into the stump.
- Put rock salt in all the drilled holes.
- After completing these two steps carefully, pour soil over the stump and make sure you mulch it.
- Lastly, pour water slowly over the mulch to help dissolve the salt, which assists the roots in absorbing the solutions as well as packing the soil.
Make sure you keep watering it for at least two months. To support the growing fungi, add potassium nitrate fertilizer.
This is a home remedy that is not expensive and doesn’t require any money for stump removal because you only need boiling water.
- Expose the stump roots first.
- Drill some roots, especially on the roots as well as on the top of the stump.
- Pour boiling water directly over the stump roots after exposing all of them. The boiling water heat will immediately shock the systems of the roots, killing or damaging them.
After the roots and stump are dead, the decomposition process will start naturally.
Dig the Tree Stump Out of the Ground
Among many ways to remove a tree stump, this is one of the simplest because it won’t cost you a penny, just some labor. But the problem with this process is that it will take a lot of time. This method will help you remove many tree roots and stop the stump from growing again.
The process isn’t complicated because you will only need to dig the stump first. After exposing the roots, use a hatchet, handsaw or even a chainsaw to cut them. Keep digging and use clippers to cut the small roots. After removing all the roots from the stump, gently remove the stump and cover the hole with mulch or topsoil.
If you want to do stump removal, you can use one of the above methods to learn how to remove tree stumps. If you are not in a hurry to get rid of the stump, you can do it yourself with the above methods. At Ram Rent-All, Inc., we can make your process easier by providing you with the best equipment to use. You can contact Jay Rivers via our phone number (318) 322-1310 or pay us a visit at our office at 3117 Concordia Monroe, LA 71201.