Have a painting job you need to take care of? Selecting the right paint sprayer for your needs speeds up the process and helps you achieve beautiful results. Since every painting project is unique, it’s best to rent the right sprayer rather than invest in one you might not use again. Before you head to your trusted experts for equipment rentals in Monroe, LA, you need to determine the best sprayer model for your needs. Read on to discover what you need to know about choosing the ideal sprayer for your painting project.
What kind of sprayer do I need?
This is the most basic consideration when it comes to choosing the correct sprayer for your painting needs. Before you make your selection at your source for equipment rentals in Monroe, LA, determine the best type of sprayer for the job according to these guidelines:
- Airless sprayer: This type of sprayer is great for painting large areas both outdoors and indoors. If you’re painting an exterior surface, like exterior walls, fences, lattice, decks and shutters, or interior surfaces like walls and ceilings, this is the machine for you. It’s ideal for use with thicker paints.
- Pneumatic air sprayer: This machine uses compressed air to apply paint to a surface. It’s best for moderately large projects like painting furniture and cabinets. You’ll need to rent an air compressor, hose and paint gun if you choose this option.
- HVLP sprayer: If you’re painting cabinets, trim, molding and doors and you want a very smooth, professional finish, an HVLP sprayer will help you get the job done. Paint travels slower with this machine, helping the droplets stick to the surface for a high-quality finish.
How do I choose the right spray tip?
The spray tip you choose for your project directly affects the overall finished product. Select carefully—it makes a huge difference not only in finish quality, but also in the time and money it takes to get the job done. As you select the spray tip for your project, follow these simple steps:
- Determine the tip size you need according to paint or stain thickness. Thin materials like clear coat lacquer or transparent stain require a tip size between 009 and 013. Thicker materials like exterior, latex and oil-based paints need a tip between 017 and 039.
- Determine the fan width you need for the spray tip. Take the first number of your spray tip size and multiply it by 5 centimeters to give you a general idea of the spray jet width you’ll need.
- If the selected spray tip size is supported by your sprayer equipment, you’re ready to start painting.
The right equipment can turn a tough painting job into a breeze. Consider the requirements of your project carefully, then select the best paint sprayer from a quality provider of equipment rentals in Monroe, LA. Contact Ram Rent-All, Inc. today to find all the equipment you need for your projects. We look forward to helping you!