Whether you’re a homeowner trying to get some work done around the house or a professional contractor working on a major project, an air compressor can really come in handy! What are air compressors used for in Monroe, LA? Continue reading to learn the answer to this question and get some tips for how to use your air compressor:
- Home improvement: Anything from building a deck to making minor repairs can be made easier with an air compressor. Power hammers, nail guns, wrenches, saws and other air tools slash the time it takes to complete any weekend project. In addition to saving time, an air compressor ensures you get professional-level results without having to actually pay for a pro!
- Spray painting: Any project that requires painting can be made a whole lot easier with the help of an air compressor. A spray gun powered by an air compressor allows for a beautiful, even finish in half the time it’d take to do by hand.
- Auto maintenance: Ambitious car owners can save a bundle by handling minor auto repairs and maintenance tasks by themselves. The problem is that removing rusty nuts and bolts can be challenging—if not impossible—for the average car owner. Thankfully, you can remove any stuck-on nuts in a jiffy with the help of an air ratchet tool and an air compressor.
- Cleaning: Sweeping dirt, debris and leaves from your garage or shed isn’t the toughest job on the planet, but it can feel like a poor use of time. Instead, blow all of that junk away with the help of a portable air compressor.
- Inflation: Proper tire inflation is essential for your safety and the tire’s health. Having an air compressor at your house makes it easy to keep all of your car and bike tires at the right level. Plus, you can also quickly fill up basketballs, soccer balls or other toys for the kids.
How to use an air compressor
Since air compressors are obviously used for a variety of home improvement projects, it’s important to know how to use an air compressor in Monroe, LA. Follow these steps and you’ll be on your way to getting the most out of your gear:
- Check the oil: There should be a gauge near the compressor’s motor that shows the oil level. If the oil level is a bit low, fill it up to ensure proper functionality.
- Fill the air tank: Ensure that the drain valve is closed at the bottom of the tank and then turn the air compressor on. Let it run for a few minutes to fill the tank up with air.
- Set the PSI: Check the manual for the tool you’re using and adjust the air control valve to match the maximum allowed air pressure for your air tool.
- Connect the hose: Attach the air hose to your compressor, making sure you have enough hose to reach your work area. You may want to wrap the end of the hose with thread seal tape to ensure a tight seal.
- Connect your tool: Firmly push the opposite end of the air hose into the air intake on the pneumatic tool you’re using. Consult the tool’s owner’s manual if you need more help on how to use an air compressor in Monroe, LA.
- Drain the moisture: After use, you’ll periodically need to loosen the drain valve and drain water from the tank.
So, what are air compressors used for in Monroe, LA? As you can see, the options are just about limitless! Ready to get started? Nobody beats our selection or rates when it comes to any rental equipment. Call our team at Ram Rent-All, Inc. to get started with your next residential or commercial project.