It’s not pleasant to think about, especially while the weather is still nice, but winter is going to be here sooner than you know it. While Monroe doesn’t exactly see a ton of snow each year, it’s still important to be prepared for a little bit of snowfall. You should be sure you have the proper snow removal tools in Monroe, LA and other yard tools you need to keep your property in great shape throughout the winter months in case severe weather does occur.
With this in mind, here’s some information from our team about the winter yard tools you should be sure to stock up on:
- Shovels: You probably won’t need to invest in a snow blower here in Monroe, but it doesn’t hurt to have a couple snow shovels on hand. There are many different kinds of snow shovels on the market. It’s a good idea to try some out in person to make sure they feel like they’d be comfortable to use so you don’t strain your back. The type of shovel you purchase will primarily depend on how much snowfall you get in your area, which isn’t going to be a ton around these parts.
- Roof rakes and brushes: These tools are great to have for several reasons. Not only can they help you get snow off of your roof so you can prevent ice dams from forming, but they can also help you get other types of debris off your roof, including leaves, seeds, dirt and more. You can get these brushes and rakes with long handles and plastic sheeting that help you to bring the debris safely down to the ground for disposal.
- Shop broom: Most of the time the snowfall we get in the Monroe area is just a dusting. We average only about an inch per year, so you’ll frequently be able to get away with using a shop broom to just brush the snow away from your pavement and into your yard. You could also use a leaf blower to accomplish the same thing, if you have one, but you don’t need to worry about investing in one just for that purpose.
- Rakes: Snow isn’t the only element you might encounter this winter. You’ll want to have at least a couple rakes on hand for your yard so you can easily clean up yard waste and debris that accumulates on your property. Leaves and branches can fall and collect in the winter if winds pick up, so you’ll want to be able to easily pick them up and remove them.
- Salt: Just in case it gets icy, you should have some salt for your pavement. We’re not talking table salt—you should grab some road salt from your local hardware store or big box retailer. This will mitigate some of the dangers associated with ice.
For more info about tools and items that you should have on hand during the winter months, we encourage you to contact Ram Rent-All, Inc. today about snow removal tools in Monroe, LA.