Every part of your heavy-duty machinery, no matter how large or small, plays a role in the effective operation of your equipment. This means it is important to pay close attention to all aspects of routine maintenance, and not just the big-ticket components. Here are just a few of the most commonly overlooked maintenance tasks for heavy equipment rentals in Monroe, LA:
- Creating a maintenance log: Trying to remember when each piece of equipment needs scheduled maintenance can be a difficult task, especially for companies that use several different types of machinery on a daily basis. Creating a maintenance record that includes in-depth service logs will ensure that your equipment is receiving the maintenance it needs on time, which could go a long way in helping to extend the lifespan of the machinery. If you eventually plan to resell the equipment, this documentation will also help to build prospective buyers’ confidence about the condition of the machine.
- Washing your equipment: There are very few jobs sites that are in pristine condition, meaning that your equipment will likely be susceptible to dirt and mud buildup. When unattended, this buildup can lead to the acceleration of rust formation, which could eventually hinder the operation of the entire piece of machinery. Something as simple as keeping equipment clean with routine washing makes it easier to keep an eye out for any potential fluid leaks or parts that will soon need repair, which will in turn help to maintain efficiency.
- Air filters: When considering the condition of most worksites, it makes sense that air filters need to be changed as often as they do. As there tends to be a lot of dirt kicked up during construction, do your part to protect the equipment’s engine by checking the filters often to ensure that they are free of debris.
- Lubrication: It is also important to make sure you are using high-quality grease for sufficient lubrication. Upgrading the type of grease you use can protect your equipment by reducing the amount of impact the machinery bears, and the extended service intervals provided by these premium products will help limit the amount of downtime.
- Tires: Heavy-duty machinery utilizes special tires that can sometimes be pricy and difficult to obtain. This makes it all the more important to get the most out of the tires that are on the machine by frequently checking both the inflation and tread levels.
- Cooling system: With the amount of usage heavy-duty machinery receives, pitting, overheating or overcooling and cracked heads are all areas of concern. Keeping the cooling system for both diesel- and gasoline-fueled machinery in good condition can help to avoid these malfunctions.
Here at Ram Rent-All, Inc., we understand just how expensive this machinery can be, and how difficult it can be to keep all of your equipment in top shape at the same time. By offering a vast and ever-expanding selection of all of the heavy-duty equipment you need, we can serve as your go-to option if some of your machinery is out of commission, or if you need to temporarily add to your fleet to complete a large project. To learn more about our extensive inventory of heavy equipment rentals in Monroe, LA, make sure you give us a call today.