Are you planning a pressure washing project? If so, it’s important to not only know how to use your equipment rental in Monroe, LA, but also how to store the pressure washer when you’re finished. These best practices are particularly important if you own your own pressure washer and will be storing it long term.
Whether you will be utilizing tool rentals in Monroe, LA or putting your own pressure washer to use, follow these tips to keep your equipment in top shape after use. These steps will help prevent damage and will extend the lifespan of your machine:
- Rinse it: After you’ve finished your pressure washing project, it’s important to rinse the detergent out of the machine. First, remove the tube used for siphoning the detergent from the supply. Next, set the spray to the lowest setting. Then, run water through the machine for two minutes. This will flush out any remaining detergent so it does not congeal and clog up your machine while in storage.
- Relieve it: As the name indicates, this machine operates under extreme pressure. Before storing it, relieve any remaining pressure in the system. Turn off the machine, as well as the water supply. Unplug it, then run the spray gun until no more water flows from the spray.
- Secure it: Before placing your pressure washer in storage, secure it. Engage the trigger lock so the spray is not accidentally triggered or in the on position when you use it next.
- Cool it: Allow the pressure washer to cool down before placing it in a tight storage area. This will help protect both your unit and its surroundings from heat damage.
- Clear it: In addition to draining water from the spray, you should also remove any water that remains in the pump. To do this, turn on the machine and let it run until all water exits. For gasoline-powered pressure washers, pull the recoil handle several times to pump out the water.
- Disconnect it: Once your job is complete, disconnect all the accessories used to operate your pressure washer. Disconnect the spray gun, garden hose, high-pressure hose and wand extension. Drain any water that remains in any of these parts, then wipe them off and store them properly. If you are using equipment rental in Monroe, LA, the retailer may have provided specific instructions on how to arrange these accessories for the unit’s return. Be sure to follow these guidelines to return the machine in the condition desired.
- Clean it: Some pressure washing jobs can get messy. The exterior of your unit may be covered in grime by the time you’re finished. Before putting it away after a project, clean your pressure washer. Remove any debris and give it a thorough wipe-down. This will help prevent clogs and will keep your machine looking sharp.
Ready to Wash?
If you need tool rental in Monroe, LA for your next pressure washing project, contact the team at Ram Rent-All, Inc. We offer a huge selection of pressure washing equipment, making us your one-stop solution for all of your equipment rental needs. Reach us today at 318-322-1310 with any questions or to make arrangements for your next equipment rental in Monroe, LA.