Landscaping maintenance is a time-intensive and overwhelming task, especially for new homeowners. You can make this effort easier by having the right tools. Many of these include inexpensive hand tools, but there are also mechanized devices that you can secure from your equipment rental company in Monroe, LA. Here are five must-have landscaping tools to make your life easier:
- Shears: Unless you are going for a wild overgrown look, you should invest in several types of garden shears. Hand shears work for smaller jobs, especially the fine work needed for decorative plants. Hedge shears keep boxwoods looking neat and looping shears make small, overgrown tree limbs easier to handle. Many brands also come with sharpening stones and instructions for restoring blades, so study that carefully to help your shears last.
- Lawn mower: Suburban life barely survives without the lawn mower. There are many options available, from the hand-pushed models to fancy riding mowers. Your choice depends on your physical health and the amount of lawn you need to mow. Since good lawn mowers frequently come with a high purchase price, it is not unusual for new homeowners to rent them from us. Also, if your old lawn mower breaks down, you can visit us for a temporary replacement so your neighbors are not offended by your overgrown jungle lawn!
- Wheelbarrow: Owning at least two wheelbarrows makes every job easier. They make carrying bags of mulch, soil or waste a much more pleasant process. Homeowners also use them to carry tools and supplies as they weed or perform several small chores. The traditional one-wheel models work great for most jobs, although some people prefer two front wheels for additional stability. There is no doubt that every job is more difficult without a wheelbarrow!
- Edger: Anyone who witnesses lawn growth spreading into a driveway or flowerbed appreciates the edger. These areas are impossible to reach with a lawn mower, and many homeowners suffer trying to manage this growth with weed-pulling tools and hours of hard labor. Make your life easier with an edger. Foot-powered ones are the most cost-effective, or you can purchase or rent a high-powered gas model.
- Rakes: New homeowners and those who’ve recently moved to lots full of trees are often taken aback by how much debris gets produced. Rakes work great for leaves, but also for spreading gravel or mulch. If you need to remove rocks from your soil before you garden, your rake is the ideal tool. Consider purchasing two rakes: one designed for landscaping and the other for leaves.
For the less frequent projects, equipment rental is your saving grace. If you do not have a lawn mower yet, for example, you can rent one from us. You only need sod cutters occasionally, so rather than make a major purchase, see us about renting one for a couple of days.
Ram Rent-All, Inc. is an equipment rental company in Monroe, LA that makes life easier for homeowners. If a tough job or equipment shortcoming makes essential landscaping difficult, call us today to see what we can do for you.