From breathable indoor air to better sleep, there are many important reasons to keep a clean home—and a big part of keeping the house clean involves starting with the carpet. With that in mind, let’s consider some of the most common causes of excessively dirty carpets, which can be eliminated using carpet cleaning rental supplies in Monroe, LA:
- Heavy foot traffic: If your household consists of many people or you host parties most weekends, then your carpets are bound to see heavy foot traffic. The bottoms of shoes track in all sorts of debris, which can get stuck in carpeting. In addition, dirt and other particles can easily travel inside on clothing and bags.
- Children and pets: If you have kids and pets, consider the bare feet, naked bottoms and pet fur that might be coming in contact with your carpet. Rolling around on the grass and playing in the dirt are fun activities for children and pets, who are notorious for bringing in elements from the outdoors on their hair, skin and clothes. This all contributes to dirtying up your carpets.
- Poor outdoor air quality: Simply put, if the outdoor air quality is bad, then you can bet some of that is going to get into your house and land on your carpets. One thing you can do to minimize the negative impact is keep windows and doors shut until the air clears.
Now, let’s look at how carpet cleaning works to eliminate the frustration of dirty carpets by removing hazards to your health:
- Eliminates settled pollutants: Professional carpet cleaning rental supplies in Monroe, LA can eliminate air pollutants like airborne particles, pet dander, plant pollen, dried bug parts, dirt and dust that accumulate and settle on your carpeting. Regular vacuuming is good preventative maintenance against such indoor pollutants, but it does not pull up unhealthy particles that are deep within carpet fibers as effectively as a good carpet cleaning.
- Clears out dust mites: Because dust mites cannot be seen, you may not be aware that your home is infested with them. Dust mites pollute your indoor air and litter your carpets, but what’s even nastier is the fact that it’s their feces and body flakes that make up a dust mite infestation. If these microscopic critters are not adequately vacuumed up or collected during a deep carpet cleaning, it’s likely you will continue to inhale them.
- Prevents mold growth: Whether your carpets are at the mercy of humid weather or moisture has been tracked in on the shoes of family and friends, mold is an all too real threat to your health. Once it takes hold in a moist area, it can grow, spread and thrive until it’s dealt with in one way or another—either by cleaning the heck out of your carpet on a weekly basis, or by replacing it if it’s beyond saving.
- Improves indoor air quality: A vacuum with a built-in air filter is definitely good, but your average vacuum only removes contaminants from the surface of carpets and rugs. Set-in allergens penetrate deep down into carpet fibers, causing breathing issues, especially for people with severe allergies, asthma or other respiratory problems. Professional carpet cleaning equipment can improve indoor air quality by pulling out the debris your vacuum misses.
When you are ready to rid your home of contaminants, contact us at Ram Rent-All, Inc. for all of the rental supplies you’ll ever need in Monroe, LA.