It’s a drag to discover cosmetic issues with your home. But rust, dirt and peeling paint don’t have a chance when sandblasting is an option! Check out these six outdoor sandblasting projects you can do this summer with equipment rentals in Monroe, LA:
- Rejuvenate patio furniture: You are not alone if you don’t cover outdoor furniture after the warm season has passed, let alone pack it up to put into storage. Unfortunately, even with diligent seasonal cleanings, prolonged exposure to harsh weather like rain and snow can cause unsightly rust on metal patio and deck furniture. And while rust on your outdoor chairs and tables makes them look old and ugly, they still may be usable—just remove the outer layer using an effective method like sandblasting followed by a new coat of paint. Consider doing this instead of buying brand new furniture.
- Keep pipes working: Regardless of their location, residential water pipes are susceptible to damaging rust and corrosion, but this is especially a problem outside. If you see rust on water faucets, metal pipes or water source connectors, remove it to fend off permanent damage to pipes. Sandblasting is a great option, as you can stand back and watch rust and corrosion disappear from your pipes. Move or protect plants and cover side paneling before starting.
- Clean concrete patios: Summer is the perfect time for barbecues and outdoor cocktail nights, so make sure your back patio is ready to entertain guests. Inspect your patio for set-in stains, which are only natural, because season in and season out, your family’s feet track dirt and grime all over the patio and adjoining walkways, and the elements are frequently no help. Blast away dirt to enjoy a clean outdoor living space all summer long.
- Strip house paint: If there’s one job that calls for sandblasting equipment rentals in Monroe, LA, it’s paint stripping—more specifically, removing the paint from the outside surface of your house. Whether you want a new paint color, the current paint is old and peeling or a section needs repainting after board replacement, sandblasting is the way to go, especially when the alternative is to strip a large area of paint by hand.
- Prepare for new windows: Taking a window out may seem like a piece of cake, but don’t forget new window prep work. Getting the area ready for new window installation involves properly cleaning and smoothing out the wood for a new frame, which can be rather time consuming. Use quality sandblasting equipment to remove debris and avoid problems installing your new window.
- Auto parts restoration: Whether working on your car on the driveway or in a workshop out back, a sandblasting tool can come in handy for getting rid of rust and corrosion from auto parts. Exterior vehicle rust is inevitable, but it doesn’t have to render your vehicle non-operational. This summer, clean away rust that was brought on by winter and spring with a round of sandblasting.
If any of these sandblasting-worthy projects are on your to-do list this summer, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Ram Rent-All, Inc. for all sorts of equipment rentals in Monroe, LA.