Most people just think of their garages as a place to park their vehicles and maybe store a few things. Few people, however, think of their garage like an extension of their home—this is, in fact, what it is! As a result, it needs to be maintained and care for just like a part of your home, otherwise it can succumb to many of the same issues.
If it’s not already on your summertime project list, refinishing your garage might be a great DIY project that you can take on this year. It’s not particularly technical and it can be done for relatively cheap, making it a great beginner project to assume if you’ve got the DIY bug. What you will need, however, are a few particular equipment rentals in Monroe, LA to help you get the job done, including:
- You’re likely going to need an air compressor for a variety of reasons, so this isn’t a bad rental item to put on your list. If you plan on putting up new plywood or peg board, for example, you’ll probably need an air compressor to power the nail gun. A compressor can also be useful in blowing out debris from the segments of your flooring if you plan to finish that.
- Another essential tool is going to be a pressure washer. A pressure washer is going to assist you in cleaning your garage from top to bottom, to ensure surfaces are smooth for painting, sealing or refinishing.
- If you’re dealing with spots and stains on your garage flooring, you might need sandblasting equipment to help remove unsightly blemishes once and for all. This is also going to be to your advantage for stains that may have seeped into the pores of your cement, to cause discoloration.
- Planning on doing some roofing, to keep your garage protected from the elements? If so, you’re going to need a ladder to get up there. Make sure you’re getting a ladder that’s stable and sturdy and always make sure you have someone supporting it while you’re up high.
- Painting your garage’s siding or even the garage door itself can be a great way to restore value to this extension of your home. Instead of trying to paint by hand or even with a roller, rent paint sprayers to make things go a little bit quicker! This can also help if you’re priming or sealing your paint job as well.
- Dealing with a garage that floods on the regular? You might end up doing some land grading around the garage itself, which might call for a trencher or a bobcat to help you manipulate the earth. This shouldn’t be attempted without some expert advice, however!
With all of the above equipment rentals in Monroe, LA at your disposal, breathing new life into your garage is easier than ever. Go through and clean everything up, repair anything that’s dilapidated, give everything a restorative touch and make improvements. Before you know it, you’ll have a beautiful garage that’s complementary to your home.