The daily traffic and activity on your carpet will start to show eventually. In order to change that dingy appearance to one that shines again, investing in carpet cleaning equipment rental in Monroe, LA is a good choice. However, you want to make the expense and effort worth the time, so it’s worth learning the necessary steps to clean your carpets effectively. Here are five tips for effective carpet cleaning recommended by the professionals:
- Test for colorfastness first: Most carpet is colorfast, but it would be an awful surprise to clean the carpet only to have it completely change color or show bleach spots. Choose an inconspicuous spot, like a closet, and give it a good vacuum. Blot the carpet with the shampoo you plan to use, and leave the cloth on that spot for an hour. Blot again with a wet cloth and check it for carpet dye. If any show up on the cloth, find another carpet shampoo and repeat this process until you find one that does not bleed the colors.
- Pre-treat stains: If your primary reason for renting a carpet cleaner is to remove stains, give these a pre-treatment first. Conventional carpet sprays will work well for stains like dirt and wine. However, pet stains require special consideration as using conventional cleaners alone can make them permanent. Use a specialty treatment for these, as well as a carpet shampoo designed for pet stains.
- Vacuum: Carpet cleaning equipment is not designed for solid matter normally dealt with by vacuum cleaners. In fact, shampooing carpet that is not vacuumed ahead of time can leave the cleaner dirty, gum up its belts and compromise its functioning. Leaving the equipment in that condition also means the rental facility may keep your deposit. Be nice to the equipment and clean your carpet better by giving it a thorough vacuuming first. Not only will the rental facility and the next customers feel grateful, but your carpet will also be cleaner.
- Move furniture—with help: You might as well get your money’s worth when renting carpet cleaning equipment. That means moving furniture so you can clean the carpet underneath it. It is recommended to get help with that step, as your couch is likely not only very heavy, but it may be bored into the carpet enough to make moving it very difficult.
- Make sure it dries: Allow carpet 24 hours to dry thoroughly before moving furniture items back to their original places. Also, limit traffic until the carpet is dry. If the moisture remains in the carpet and subfloor, you risk attracting mold, which is a real possibility in Louisiana that can make your indoor environment very unpleasant. To help carpets dry quicker, consider running fans or keeping your house open to allow for good air circulation.
Ram Rent-All, Inc. offers comprehensive stock for equipment rental in Monroe, LA. Whether you need party supplies, a scissor lift or carpet cleaning equipment, give us a call and see how we can help you.