Ram Rent-All, Inc. is primarily a source for heavy-duty equipment, party supplies and wedding rentals in Monroe, LA. However, we also sell invitations for weddings and other special occasions. Over the years, we have fielded many questions from stressed-out brides and grooms about what they should include in their wedding invitations.
Your special day should be yours to cherish and celebrate, and setting the right tone can start with an elegant, carefully crafted invitation. From your source for wedding rentals in Monroe, LA, here are a few tips and tricks for making sure your wedding invitations are right on point:
- Timing: When it comes to sending out wedding invitations, too soon is always better than too late. For elaborate weddings that will require guests to travel a long way, it’s best to give about six months’ notice. More close, low-key weddings generally need about six to eight weeks’ notice. You should send a “save the date” as soon as your plans are finalized, to ensure all your guests can plan ahead.
- Handling plus ones: If you don’t have the money or space for each single invitee to bring a plus one, you are under no obligation to invite them to do so. You might be worried about coming off as rude, but simply not including the words “plus one” or “and guest” on the invitation should get the point across to most invitees. If anyone responds to the RSVP with an unexpected plus one, it’s time to pick up the phone and politely explain your space restrictions.
- RSVP: Speaking of RSVPs, they are a crucial way for most couples to know what to expect and plan for at their wedding day. Set your RSVP deadline for three weeks or a month before the wedding date, so that you will have plenty of time to adjust accordingly. However, keep in mind that there will likely be one or two RSVP responses that “get lost in the mail,” so you ought to have a few extra seats at your wedding just in case.
- Dress code: Nobody wants to show up to a wedding and find themselves wildly over- or underdressed for the occasion. It’s only fair that you give your guests a clear, concise descriptor of the dress code at your wedding. “White tie,” “semiformal” and even “informal cocktail attire” are all apt ways to describe different levels of dress formality on an invitation.
- Return address: To make the RSVP process as easy as possible for your guests, include a clear return address over the seal of the invitation’s envelope. If you want to go the extra mile, you can even include an already addressed RSVP envelope for your invitees’ convenience.
Whatever kind of wedding you are planning to have, it will all start with well-written, attractive and affordable invitations from Ram Rent-All, Inc., your local source for wedding rentals in Monroe, LA. Come see us to learn about your options. We wish you the best of luck on your special day!